Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September Book Blog 2 Everlost- Neal Shusterman


     The reason I chose this book is because Neal Shusterman wrote it.  I read his book "UnWind" in February, then read the second book in the trilogy called "UnWholly" when it was released last month.  I have to wait until next year for the last book to come out, so I needed something to occupy my time until book three.  I had already planned to read "Everlost" after I read "UnWind" though, I never did get to it.  But now that I love the "UnWind" trilogy so far, I told myself that I'd better chose "Everlost" because I want to know what Neal Shusterman has up his sleeve in this book. 
     Of course, with only one hundred pages left for me to read, Shusterman, for the third time has wowed me again!  Shusterman explores the topics not any author I've seen does.  In "Everlost," life, death, and everything in between are questioned. 
     We all have questions about life and death; what's beyond it?  We all have our beliefs, though, we still have questions.  I'm Christian and believe in Heaven and down below.  I believe we go one place or the other.  But I still have questions.  What happens the exact moment I die?  Who will I see?  Will we all be Angels waiting for Armageddon, to fight on God's side?  Are there cases were some souls simply don't make it up above or down below, stuck in our human world?
     I don't know any of the answers; no human does.  But, Shusterman explores this topic, and just gives us questions about our questions, and think far beyond.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment