Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Satire

    It’s cold outside; it’s been snowing all day here in New York City.  The flight’s been delayed two hours.  So bored, so tired.  Ah, look over there!  See, that magazine stand; over at there at that travel store!  What juicy stuff do we have here?
   
People magazine!  A picture of Kristen Stewart kissing a man that’s not Rob!  What?  No way!  She cheated with Rupert Sanders,-who is twice her age-the one who directed the movie Kristen was just in, Snow White and The Huntsman!  oh, and his wife was also in that movie!  How scandalous!  

I should get this one, but wait!  Look, Star magazine!  Suri wants to stay with daddy, Tom Cruise.  But nooooo, mommy Katie Holmes wants Suri to stay with her.  Suri needs to go to Catholic school, NOT Scientology school!  Yup, I’ll get this one instead-but look!

Glamour magazine, Emma Watson on the cover.  Who is she dating, what is she wearing?  I have to know, I have to know!  So many magazines!  Justin Bieber on one!  Is that acne on his so perfect face?  How has the party girl, Snooki’s life changed with her baby?  Paul Ryan’s photo shoot; his muscles bulging out, and right before an election!  Brad Pitt’s new commercial with Chanel: “Wherever I go, you go....”  Taylor Swift stalking the Kennedys?  Princess Kate wears the SAME dress and shoes again?!  The inside scoop on One Direction, ooooh!  
   
So much, so much, so much!  I want to get them all!  It is a loooooong flight to London, UK.  I’ll get this one, and this one, that one of course, that one, and just one more.  That should last me the flight.  “That’ll be twelve dollars and thirty-nine cents,”  the cashier says.  I moan and hand over my money.  What’ll I eat on the plane now?

1 comment:

  1. Gaby-
    Great topic and voice throughout. Unfortunately, we really do get so caught up in the "reality" of celebrities. The one suggestion I have is that in the conclusion I would have liked more of a punch line- maybe make the magazines worth more and then have the girl say "well that is all my money, don't know what I will eat on the plane but at least I will know what is going on in the world I am not part of." Great foundation for a satire though :-)
    Mrs. Newell

    ReplyDelete